NEW AND IMPROVED

This blog is now sugar FREE, fat FREE, gluten FREE, all ORGANIC and all NATURAL!!

Thursday, October 5, 2017

BEAUTIFUL

BEAUTIFUL
Sunday Mrs. C and I saw “Beautiful” on Broadway, the story of Carol King’s musical career and more.  The music was great, and the performers wonderful.  There were around ten or twelve actors and all had prominent parts singing and dancing.

I have never heard of any of the performers.  That doesn’t really mean much, there are celebrities that are on multiple magazine covers, TV shows and constantly in the news, that I have never heard of.  Still, I don’t think any performers in this play are household names anywhere.
I have been to several Broadway plays in the last few years, and to quite a few concerts.  I am amazed at how much talent there is in this world.
I am a fan of the TV show “America’s Got Talent.” Every year, this talent show has several singers who almost win one million dollars and a Las Vegas contract.
Typically a singer walks on stage looking a little geeky, not particularly “show business looking” (attractive) or very young.  They have followed several acts of totally talentless people and the audience is braced for more of the same.
They open their mouths and belt out their song and clearly have a fine voice, powerful and on key.
The audience stands as one and whoops it up as if there has never been a greater performer than this unlikely vocalist.  It is always an exciting and touching moment as a new superstar performer has been discovered.
Then I see a show like “Beautiful” and I realize these “AGT” songsters are good, but no better than thousands of professionals around the world.  
There is a reason why making it in show business is so hard, there is a whole lot of amazing talent out there.

BTW:

The little girl ventriloquist who won this year is the real deal...she is a very special talent.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you and Mrs C enjoyed the show. I don't watch any talent shows anymore, I seem to always hate, or be annoyed by, the judges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter who lives with us loves AGT, so I usually know who the winners are. We've seen Matt Franco and Terry Fator in Vegas and they were both amazing. But yeah, I know what you mean about so many unrecognized talents in shows all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hubs is a big fan of AGT. This year, however, even he had to admit the talent was sparse and the host particularly annoying. We thought the little girl ventriloquist was good too although by the end she had a bit of swelled head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always watch AGT also, and it amazes me the quality of the talent that goes across that stage, the little girl who won does have a natural talent that is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat. Carol King was an amazing songwriter and performer so I am sure the music was superb. My favorite of hers was "You've Got a Friend." Agree on the bunch of talent out there. It must be hard on a person with great talent that never gets "the" break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is more talent out there than you can shake a stick at, i agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My high school has their own "___ High School's Got Talent" show twice a year. It's open to any students or staff, from preschool to high school. It's amazing how talented some of the singers are, just from our little town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't watch any of the talent shows, but I've seen that the video clip of the ventriloquist got shared a bunch of times on Facebook. So you're saying I should watch that clip, huh?

    ReplyDelete